Junior Café Scientifique
- Organising informal, school-based discussion and conversation between scientists and students
- Help advance our understanding of proteins by joining the 20,000 gamers playing Fold It!
- The archive of an email distribution list concerned with public engagement with science
- Site of the UK government’s programme to promote scientific dialogue with the public, to inform policymaking
- Network of science cafés “where, for the price of a cup of coffee or a glass of wine, anyone can come to explore the latest ideas in science and technology”.
- Large-scale UK government public consultation exercise in future scanning, which ran from Jan – July 2007
Policy, Ethics and Life Sciences Research Centre (PEALS)
- Research centre in Newcastle promoting public participation in the life sciences and public debate