I’m an Engineer is a student-led STEM enrichment activity, which connects students with working engineers online.
In the activity, students can:
- Read profiles of engineers in different careers
- Chat with engineers in 40-minute, text-only live chats which you can book for your classes
- Ask the engineers questions about everything and anything
- Vote for their favourite engineer to win £500 to do more STEM engagement
For students of all abilities
The activity is student-led (students ask the questions they want to) so different age groups, ability levels, and backgrounds all get something out of it.
It’s suitable for:
- Year 5/P6 to Year 13/S6
- Primary, secondary, and sixth form students
- Special schools, pupil referral units, and other non-mainstream educational settings
Perfect for blended learning
Everything happens online. It’s text-only – no audio or video needed!
Students can take part from school or home – all they need is a device with internet access.
No personal details are shared on the site. Only students given access by their teacher can log in. Teachers can also moderate live chats.
All interactions are moderated by our DBS-checked moderation team.
New activities every month
Register to take part and we’ll give you access each month to our available activities in I’m an Engineer, I’m a Scientist, and our other projects.
Drop-in and take part whenever you want.
Fits into your timetable
I’m an Engineer is a flexible online activity.
Book live chats for the dates and times that suit you. Students can log in at any point to read profiles and ask questions.
Free for state-maintained, UK schools
We work with a range of funders to offer this activity free to UK state-maintained schools and colleges.
Non-state-maintained schools, and schools outside of the UK may be asked to pay a fee to take part. More information ❯
Find out more:
Questions? Contact email@example.com