At the end of November we announced the first 3 zones for I’m an Engineer.
- High Performance: for engineers pushing technology to the limit.
- Energy: for engineers involved in any aspect of energy. Producing more or using less.
- Health: for engineers helping us stay fit and alive. Medical, environmental, whatever sets your pulse racing.
We’ve had a good few suggestions in from people and with over 90 engineers having now applied to take part we’ve now decided on two more zones:
- Water: for engineers who deal with water. Clean water, dirty water, deep water, old water.
- Transport: for engineers who move things. Bridge builders, car designers, rocket scientists.
We also have some more good news. The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) have asked to sponsor a sixth zone. This is going to be:
- Measurement: for STFC engineers who work out how big, how far, how fast, how heavy how…
Engineers can still apply to take part. Applications close on February 3rd so don’t delay too long.