From 1 to 26 November 2021, I’m an Engineer, Get me out of here will connect school students with working engineers from across the UK through the Invisible Internet Zone.
The Invisible Internet Zone is funded by techUK.
Engineers working in internet infrastructure are welcome to apply.
I’m an Engineer is a student-led online engagement activity.
You get to:
- Answer students’ questions about working in engineering
- Chat with students in text-only moderated chats
- Compete to win £500 for further STEM engagement projects
The activity is flexible and works around your schedule – you choose to take part at times that suit you over the 4 week activity.
It’s all online and text-based (no audio or video). All you need is a web browser.
By taking part, you can:
- Help school students learn more about engineering, and who it’s for
- Inspire the next generation of engineers and provide a realistic role model
- Improve your communication skills
- Gain experience of public engagement in an easy and enjoyable way
All engineering-related professionals in the internet infrastructure sector are welcome to apply.
You could be working in industry, academia or the public sector.
You could be a technician, an apprentice, or in roles like comms or management.
Take part to show students the wide range of STEM-related careers out there.
What engineers say:
Find out more:
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org